CTO Data Services Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience when using our website and products. This policy outlines how we collect and use different types of personal and behavioural information, and the reasons for doing so. CTO Data Services Ltd is the data controller for the purpose of data protection legislation. You have the right to access, change, or delete your personal information at any time.
Collection and use of your information
We collect information you provide us with, and use it in order to provide you with our products. There is certain personal information that we need in order to provide the products that you have chosen. Examples include:
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Work email
- Job title
- Payment details
We may use your information to do the following:
- Fulfil your orders and contracts with us.
- Manage your access to our online content.
- Send you content via email (if you have requested us to do so).
- Manage customer service or queries.
- Manage privacy preferences and ensure you only receive communications you have requested (this may include using your data to suppress you from communications)
- Detect and reduce fraudulent orders.
When you use any of our online platforms, we collect information that helps up deliver the product you have chosen. This is done through cookies and other technologies. Examples of the type of information we may collect are:
- Email provider
- The pages you read on our website
- IP address
You can also volunteer to disclose additional information which may not be essential for us to deliver a product to you. We may ask for additional information when you order, purchase, register, subscribe, or make use of our products in any ways, for example through in-person conversations, telephone conversation, marketing campaigns, mail orders, or our website.
We need your consent to use your information for some specific purposes such as marketing, brand response communications and personalised advertising.
You can update your preferences for email notifications at any time via your online account at cto-offset.com or by contacting subscription services (See ‘Contact us’). You can also opt out of email marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
We only share your information with trusted suppliers, such as payment providers and postal services.
We do not track or collect any sensitive information about you, including race, religion, ethnicity, or political opinion.
Retaining and storing your information
We securely store your information, and hold it for as long as we need to in order to provide our services and products to you in accordance with (i) applicable law, or (ii) as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with us.
We review our retention periods for personal information regularly. If you have not interacted with us in any way, we will generally no longer hold your information after 5 years. This may be shorter for individual businesses (you can confirm by contacting us). We would only keep it for longer than this if we are required to by law.
Storing and transferring your information internationally
We work with third parties across the globe. Therefore, collecting and using your personal information may involve the transfer of this information internationally. By using our products, you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being transferred in this way, including to jurisdictions outside the EEA.
Cookies are small files that are created in your web browser when you visit any of our websites.
CTO Data Services may use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential: These Cookies are required for the website to work properly. For example, some Cookies allow us to ensure views can access long-in pages and carry out security checks. We need your consent to use Essential Cookies.
- Function: These Cookies remember your preference in order to improve your online experience. For example, a function Cookie can remember your log-in details, allowing you to return to this website without having to log in every time. We need to your consent to use Functional Cookies.
- Analytics: These Cookies are used for performance measurement. This allows us to understand how many people visit our website, how they navigate the website, and what content is popular. This allows to improve our products. We need your consent to use Functional Cookies.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you disable Cookies, you can still browse our website, but some functions may not work.